Crotch Strap on ScubaPro KnightHawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNScuba

Reaction score
Well, here's my little story... I bought a ScubaPro Knighthawk which I really love, problem is that my belly has shrunk a bit so I bought a crotch strap for it to keep the BC down where it's supposed to be. I am pretty sure I have the strap mounted right (based on the lds), however I'm just wondering if anyone else has one on theirs and how they attached it.

I'm guessing there won't be too many replies to this because it's rather specific, but anything helps!

Oh, here's what I did to attach it...

On the back of the bc, there is a slot (originally there is a velcro strap going through this) I took out the velcro strap, ran the crotch strap through the slot and attached the velcro strap onto the crotch strap buckle, then ran the other side of the crotch strap up to the waste buckle area (over the cummerbund). This seems to be a safe and effective method...however if there's a better way I'd like to know.

I also need to have my cummerbund shortened (probably folded and sewn) so that it is snug again. I just can't see getting a new bc just yet, this thing is only 7 months old! Hmmm, maybe there's someone out here that would like to trade my XL KnightHawk for their Large one?

Back
Top Bottom