what features do you fell are most important in your bc??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mizzia

Reaction score
Just curious to know why people buy different bc's, for what reasons and how they choose one from another.

In two words: resale value.

One of the best things I liked about my Ranger was that it sold for $325 after 5 years of use when I did the:
Ranger=>ebay=>BP/wing maneuver.

Make sure the velcro is on the correct side of the strap and that the buckle doesn't need to be reversed before use.

*snicker*

To answer your question in a constructive way we need to get more specific as to your needs. Baring that you can research past posts here on Scuba Board and glean a wealth of information.

So...
What kind of diver are you?
What kind of diving will you be doing?
Where will you be diving?
What is your budget for a BC?
What is your current equipment inventory?

to give you a slight idea, ive just finsihed AOW. that dosnt make me any knid of diver yet, but around here the best of dives are cave dives and deep dives so that where im heading. Till now, ive rented my equipment so i dont own anything except for a mask snorkle and fins... (not much) As for price, well, i prefer to wait a litle longer and buy with quality rather then something less reasonable. Hows that?? haa

mizzia once bubbled...
Hows that??
...quite good.

Heading for technical/cave diving I would say that a backplate/wing type BC would be the best.

You would be able to use it for recreational diving now and it would work well for you in the future... they don't wear out... you just replace the webbing once in a while (which is very inexpensive.)

Regarding bp/wings there are many different ways to go... others will be along shortly to give further advice... hopefully taking into account your location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom