Genesis react pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anakin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone ever had there react go crazy on them. Mine decided to go messy on the last dive i was on. I didnt realize it till my saftey stop but i was a few feet off on the depth. when i ended my dive the computer said i was still at 7 feet on the surface. When i got out it siad i was still at 5 feet diving.

it stills says im diving as i type this. Im trying to get a hold of the shop i bought it from to talk about warranty issues and what not.

has this happend to anyone else?

I'm betting that the little hole that opens to the water to read the pressure/depth has a small piece of sand or salt crystals in it somewhere...

try rinsing it real good in fresh water.

well thats what i figured to so i gave it a good cleaning, and it stopped the 'dive'
but i still think its screwy.

its time for a new one anyways i think. i want something more fancy

if you want a new one, check out the TUSA IQ-700. One of the guys I dive with has it and I like it... Also has a larger display which is nice.

I've got the React Pro also, and one of the things I don't like about it is that all the information is not on one screen. You have to press buttons to get the "second screen" to get it all. The IQ-700 has it all on one screen again.

BTW... Dive Rite makes the same exact computer with their logo on it.

did the battery compartment get any water in it??

RICHinNC:
did the battery compartment get any water in it??

none that i can see. :shakehead

Back
Top Bottom