Dacor darwin or Atmos 2???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rappy78

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok so im in the market for a dive computer and have narrowed my choices down to either the Aries Atmos 2 or the Dacor Darwin both wrist mount because thats what I want. Basically i just want to know what you all think of each one and which one is a better buy they both seem to have almost the same features give me some input thanx..

I had a darwin console (same as wrist) batterys were very easy to change. Just as well as it chewed thru them real quick. It would also reset it self if it got any sort of impact.
The software and download side of it was good, but I would not recommed the darwin.
I have a Cobra and a Mosquito and much prefer them. Although I much prefer a console to a wrist mount due to my habit of sticking my hands into cracks to pull out bugs.

The Atmos 2 will be much smaller, yet have much larger numbers, and I feel much easier to use. A very intuitive menu and button system. And if you do want to download, the cable is only a $50 add on instead of $125.

Versa Pro is exactly the same computer but a little cheaper: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?product_id=VersaProWrist

My only complaints are that the dive time displayed doesn't include seconds and the software is a POS.

I like the computer download cable though because it allows me to look at my dives in more detail and to compute my SCR (after importing the data to Excel).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom