My gym started a "positive change" this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fairybasslet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Members are asked to post on a bulletin board a positive change then have made. They also started a contest to see who can lose the most weight by Labor Day. Whoever wins, wins $200 worth of spa treatments. I really could use some massage so I entered.

Whatever a gym can do to motivate is good. The best gyms have loads of motivators. I am working on that a bit for our gym, the '8240' club (its elevation!). They play a lot of poorly chosen music and seem so depressed most of the time, that the serious among us have to create our own 'atmosphere'.

Good luck, Ellen! :)

fairybasslet:
Members are asked to post on a bulletin board a positive change then have made. They also started a contest to see who can lose the most weight by Labor Day. Whoever wins, wins $200 worth of spa treatments. I really could use some massage so I entered.
Good luck!

I'm not sure which I like better, your avatar pic (reminds me of my kitty) or your profile pic. I would love to meet Chatterton!

Thanks guys. So far, on my scale at home, I lost 4 lbs. but on that darn gym scale (one of those doctor's balance scales, I've lost 2 1/4. But a loss is a loss. And it keeps me motivated.

great....what was the positive change you posted? any other good ones?

catherine96821:
great....what was the positive change you posted? any other good ones?
I think the staff is just supposed to post them, but I've been forgeting to look.:shakehead

he he. that was cute.

sounds like you don't need too. hey I will have my bike tomorrow. All my life, I have felt like I might get hit by a car. hope I don't. Traffic makes me nervous but I am going to give it a try anyway. JB said this morning, just don't run over stuff and check your tire pressures before every ride. Striving for a better butt.

Oh, an speaking of beer, I have decided my body needs it. I gave it up and gained. restarted it and lost five.

I thought beer was one of the major food groups? Isn't barley good for you?

catherine96821:
Oh, an speaking of beer, I have decided my body needs it. I gave it up and gained. restarted it and lost five.

Beer is good food... does the body good!

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom