zeagle or dive rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
i am going to be buying a new regulator. i am up in the air between dive rite or zeagle. i am looking for a reg that will work in cold water. my current regulator is a genesis gs2000. i have been very happy with it but it has frozen up and free flowed 2 times on me now. so i am going to buy either the dive rite rg2500 set up with the ice kit or a zeagle flathead 6/zx or a 50-d/ zx.

any opinions would be welcome. i do like that you can buy service kits and parts for the dive rite stuff. local service is about the same drive for either one if i dont do it myself. i dive most of the year and this weekend was 45f when my current reg freeflowed. i am also headed down the technical path and figure i will get a reg that will be good for that also. i dive from NJ to the carribean also so i want a sealed first stage.

thanks
Russ

I just got my dive rite rg2500ice and i am happy with it so far. I read up quite a bit on it before i bought it and i couldn't find anything negative about it. Never seen or used the zeagle so I couldn't compare.

I use DR regs for deco/stage bottles.....for what it's worth, they are good at that. They are a very simple design with good performance and very easily maintained/serviced. Never used Zeagle, so cannot comment on that.

Eventually it will boil down to your preference and which you like better. If you can, try them both and do the comparison that way.

I used a Zeagle Flathead 6 for several years before getting my Atomic. I was very happy with it and passed it on to my wife. I used it down to 46 degrees with no trouble at all.

barrmust:
i do like that you can buy service kits and parts for the dive rite stuff.

Russ,

I won't try to "sell you" on a Zeagle reg - I prefer to let others voice their opinions on that stuff - but I would like to point out that you can purchase service kits for a Zeagle reg as well...

Thanks and best of luck!!!

Scott

I've used both, and would recommend either. I own 2 Dive Rite RG2500 ice's for two reasons.

1. I get them at shop rate.
2. Dive Rite is located 90 miles from my house.

If I lived that close to Zeagle, that's what I would be diving.

ScottZeagle:
Russ,

I won't try to "sell you" on a Zeagle reg - I prefer to let others voice their opinions on that stuff - but I would like to point out that you can purchase service kits for a Zeagle reg as well...

Scott

the zeagle regs look very interesting. where can you purchase service kits for the regs? is it ok with zeagle or is it kind of back door?

Russ

ScottZeagle:
Russ,

Scott

When did that change? Good for you guys! Now I feel better about the 12 or 15 Zeagle regs that I own.

To the original question, I have lots of Zeagle regs and they have worked fine for us in all kinds of conditions from under the ice to depths deeper than I care to mention here. I have one diverite reg that has also worked well enough.

Since I'm no longer a dealer and therefor subject to the same manufacturer policies as any one else, I won't buy any reg that I can't easily get parts and service information for.

I have the DiveRite 2500Ice and love it. A friend let me use his on a dive to 135 feet in 30ish degree (freakin' cold!) water and it breathed great. That was when I knew I would be giving up my beloved Scubapro Mk10.
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom