Shop Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone had any experience with Aqua Sports on Indian School & 42nd St? I friend of mine is looking for a shop near his home and would love to hear your thoughts!

Nope, but I can tell you there's good people at Scuba Specialties, El Mar, and NDepth Scuba. They all have different "personalities" as far as atmosphere, but your friend won't go wrong with any of the three. I'm sure others are good as well. I just am not familiar with them.

Hi Melissa,

I guess I am kind of bias as I instruct at Scuba Specialties (www.scubaspecialties.com). But, I would have your friend visit a couple of shops and see which one he feels most comfortable with. All the shops you and Richard mention are about 20 minutes from your friend's house, so the ride isn't that far in any case.

Being comfortable with the people who are instructing you is the most important thing. Spend some time talking to the people about their teaching philosophy, facility, and class size. If possible, look at the equipment and pool area to see if they are maintained properly. Look at the classroom and see if it truly state of the art.

Hope that helps!

jcf

PS - good news, most of the shops in town are pretty high quality!

I've gone there occasionally and have bought a few small items. Prices were the same as anywhere else. The staff was competent enough, at least the people I dealt with. Not the biggest selection of gear there though, it's a pretty small place.

They're the other ScubaPro dealer in town and the only other SSI shop. They've been around forever, I can remember going there in the early 80's right after I was certified. It was sold to the new owners about 10 years ago - I remember hearing about it.

No pool on premises, I think they teach classes over at the swim club on Camelback and 40th?.

I haven't been there in over a year though,

my .02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom