nitrox/tables question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajohn921

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
ok am i missing something or am i looking at this right.... ok, i am diving ean32 to 110fsw for 23 mins, with surface interval of 2hrs... ok on my second dive also on ean32 to 75fsw, how do i find my adj max dive time on the nitrox tables...? is it the same as regular?? im thinkin its 24 mins??? now if i was using the RGBM ean32 tables my max dive time for the second dive would be 47 mins?? right?? wrong?? man ive been starin at these tables all night
john

ok... i'm confused... let me walk throgh this

32 to 110 for 23 min is group O

after 2 hours, you are at B

(flip table over)

at B to 80 feet (there's no 75) your residual nitrogen time is 10 minutes and your actual bottom time maximum is 35.

in other words, your next dive can't be longer than 35 minutes.

now, what is your question again?

oh and i should mention im using naui ean32 tables :)

Per NAUI EAN32 tables.

--EAN32 to 110fsw for 23 mins
This puts you in Group H

--Surface interval of 2hrs
This puts you in Group E

--EAN32 to 75fsw
This means your maximum no deco time is 24 minutes.

As for RGBM Tables (now you made me go and get my books out) your first dive would be 25 minutes your second would be for 47.

As for how to work the tables. The EANx NAUI tables are worked the same as their air tables. Based on what you gave above I'll run through it. At 110 fsw you can stay down for 25 minutes. Now follow the arrow down (Group H) until you find the surface interval corresponding to 2 hours (between 2:23 and 1:42). Now if you follow that to the left you find you are now in group E. Now using the lower left hand corner box find your appropriate depth, in this case 75 would be rounded up to 80, follow that down until you are in the same row as group E. The bottom blue number tells you your maximum no deco time.

Now, if you want to make another dive it becomes a little more difficult. See the number above 24, that's your residual nitrogen time and you need to know this to calculate your next time (it is 26). Now, on the upper right hand chart go to the 80 feet line as this is the depth you are still using as you round up from 75. Now you take your residual nitrogen time and add the time you spent at that depth, so if you only stayed down for 20 minutes this is 20+26=46. On that 80 fsw line go right till you hit 46 or the next greatest number (50 in this case). Now follow that down and you see you are in group J. This is the group you use for your next surface interval time and you use the same process that was outlined above.

If you're not used to using tables getting instructions via reading (IE the internet) can be difficult. Hope this helps.

hooray, that was my answer, I was actually doing the tables right, but i was second guessing myself :) i think its finally clicked in :)

scubajohn921:
oh and i should mention im using naui ean32 tables :)

mine was PADI, sorry

H2Andy:
ok... i'm confused... let me walk throgh this

32 to 110 for 23 min is group O

after 2 hours, you are at B

(flip table over)

at B to 80 feet (there's no 75) your residual nitrogen time is 10 minutes and your actual bottom time maximum is 35.

in other words, your next dive can't be longer than 35 minutes.

now, what is your question again?

That is exactly what I got H2

Interesting that the PADI tables and the NAUI tables gave 35 min (PADI) vs. 24 min (NAUI) for the second dive in a dive profile that was otherwise identical. And the RGBM tables give 47 min!

Back
Top Bottom