Veo 100 feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jbt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am considering buying a veo 100? What experienes have you had with it. How does it work in deco if at all?

Thanks
Brent

It is Air-only computer which is very cheap.
you like it for the price or the funtions it has? i suggest u get a veo 200 or 250 because they can do both nitrox and air, so in the future if u happen to take nitrox specialty, you wouldn't have to buy a new computer.
my veo 250 arrives tomorrow...can't wait

for the deco part, check out the veo 100 user manual via the link below:
http://oceanicworldwide.com/pdf/12-2373-r03.pdf

did that help?

Mitrox is not an issue at this point.

it works fine in moderate deco. It can also be put in gauge mode if you are doing deco with tables, but you need to set in gauge for each dive unlike the 180/250.

Hope you have some deco training...

If Nitrox is indeed not an issue for you for a while, the Veo 100 is very, very nice. Large display, easy to read, intuitive, can show information in several variations depending on what's important to you (to include water temp), user-replaceable battery...

It will only do emergency deco, if you really screw up. Then, I believe, it locks you out for a while as punishment.

--Marek

Marek K:
Then, I believe, it locks you out for a while as punishment.
Not really. It only locks you out if you don't do the deco.

jbt -- I second the suggestion that you look at the VEO 200, which is a simlar computer with nitrox capability. Whether or not you have plans right now, there is a good chance you will eventually want a nitrox computer.

I have talked to some dive masters who have said that they make all their divers keep their computers in air mode for added safety. So other than watching my depth for my particular mix, I don't see an advantage in getting a nitrox capable computer. Or am I wrong?

jbt:
I have talked to some dive masters who have said that they make all their divers keep their computers in air mode for added safety. So other than watching my depth for my particular mix, I don't see an advantage in getting a nitrox capable computer. Or am I wrong?

You are wrong.

And DM's making people keep their computers in air mode is asinine. In fact, in the proper setting, it could be very dangerous. I would steer well clear of any DM who gave that poor advice. Dive masters do NOT control your dive. YOU do. The benefits of diving nitrox are numerous, but there are some specifics to using it you should be aware of. However, the added safety is well worth it in my opinion, and you should have a computer than can track it properly.

In fact, what you can do is to set your nitrox computer to air when you are diving air. But you can not set an air computer to track nitrox dives. Chances are, if/when you get a nitrox card, you'll never want to dive air again.

PerroneFord:
You are wrong.

And DM's making people keep their computers in air mode is asinine. In fact, in the proper setting, it could be very dangerous. I would steer well clear of any DM who gave that poor advice. Dive masters do NOT control your dive. YOU do. The benefits of diving nitrox are numerous, but there are some specifics to using it you should be aware of. However, the added safety is well worth it in my opinion, and you should have a computer than can track it properly.

In fact, what you can do is to set your nitrox computer to air when you are diving air. But you can not set an air computer to track nitrox dives. Chances are, if/when you get a nitrox card, you'll never want to dive air again.

Of course you can use an air computer and dive Nitrox. If you don't want longer bottom times you can keep track of O2 expose yourself. It's not likely to be an issue for most people. I have a Nitrox card but use air most of the time. I thought you considered computers to be unnecessary anyway?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom