Photo Workshop August 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear PPD peeps,

Further to the great DOR IV (that I couldn't get to :sad:), I am trying to gauge interest in a Mike Veitch Underwater Photography Workshop for this August (dates to be confirmed).

In return for transport and board, Mike has kindly agreed to come over to Anilao / PG, or a mixture of the two for a week, but as a result of transport from Yap, he can only get to PI on a Wednesday lunch, and will have to be back up in Manila for the following Tuesday night...

Accordingly, there will be two courses available: -

Thursday AM to Sunday PM (4 days) and Thursday AM to Tuesday midday (5 1/2 days)

Based on 1 person (me) doing the 5 1/2 day course and 5 people doing the 4 day course, the cost for Mike V's course will be $450 for the 5 1/2 days and $270 for the 4 day course.

If someone else wants to do the full course, or if we get 8, in total, the figures will drop.

The current suggestion is to limit numbers to 6, but this may be extended to 8 depending on interest (no more than 8, in any event).

These figures do not include for board, dives or food, but staying at Sunsplash and renting tanks only (not a DM) and a boat will bring down costs, and Anilao can also be an option, or even Anilao / PG combo.

Firstly, who's interested, we can thrash out the details in due course. If it comes to it, this will be settled on first come first served

I need a local PPD to volunteer :D to contact PG / Anilao when we know if this is going to work and try to get us good accommodation deals etc.

I will try to see about the tank / boat rental, unless anyone has the contacts to help me out...:blinking:

There will - of course - be a full PPD DOR piss-up on the Saturday night (location to be decided) to which all are invited :coke:

(Cut and paste as required)

Current Pasaways who have confirmed interest: -

Larry - 5 1/2 days
Caloy - 4 days
Jon - 4 days

Tentatives: -

Spoon - ? days
Pakman - ? days
Halthron - ? days

Larry, I'm not sure about doing a 4 day workshop. I can guarantee 3 days though (I'll be at the resort Thursday night).

Don't worry, I'd still pay for a 4 day workshop if I have too. I just need somebody to set aside the 1st day material Mike will lecture on. And no I won't have a one on one lecture in Mike's room.

Larry - 5 1/2 days
Caloy - 3 days (will pay for lost day if needed)
Jon - 4 days

Have you thought of which days? As I start looking into flights for my trips in Aug, it's looking more and more difficult to squeeze in the PI for the workshop in between a wedding in LA, possible side trip back home to Seattle, and a trip to Sipidan.

Mike,
Can you post a course syllabus or outline (like what topics will be taken up, something like the PADI instructor slates if you still remember what those look like :11: ) for the 5 or 4 day event. I might enroll my significant other as she is into photography and had always wanted to do underwater.

Axua:
Mike,
Can you post a course syllabus or outline (like what topics will be taken up, something like the PADI instructor slates if you still remember what those look like :11: ) for the 5 or 4 day event. I might enroll my significant other as she is into photography and had always wanted to do underwater.

Day 1. Mike V (MV) shows everyone how to lube the camera housing o-ring and has you practice all day while he wanders off to flirt with Ish.

Day 2. MV demonstrates various underwater hand signals applicable to underwater photography such as "oh Sh##$t my housing is flooding!"; "get the f#$^&&k away from that Frogfish, I saw him first", etc... Let's you practice these in confined waters while he sips cold beers with Ish at the bar...

Day 3. MV demonstrates how to download other people's photos online and place your own personal watermark on them... While you work on this, he's off for a nice romantic walk along the beach with Ish...

:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom