Is it just me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redrover

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is it just me or does any one else consider just slitting their wrists and skipping the too numerous to count blood letting sites when dealing with how well Bougainvillea likes living here? :headscrat

LOL, I think. I’m game for a challenging entry but penetrating Bougae, now that’s a Hawaii Horror Picture show. My yard Leesa, my yard. I was hoping someone could tell me the far worse pain and suffering they endure so I could take comfort knowing it sure could be worse.

hmmm...I could tell you what a boat diver sometimes has to endure for a dive....but some people might get offended :14:

A couple sites I dive require walking through a Kiawe grove while clambering over boulders... does that help any? I have cut down many a bouganvillia bush...they are wicked...

Oh geeze, Kiawe over boulders! Yes, yes, Yes! The suicidal tendency for recreation is much worse than for yard work.

I walked through a grove of Kiawe with my dive booties on a couple months ago (Maui SB dive actually) and in less than 25ft picked up 8 1/2"-1" thorns in the bottom of my boot ... I sure am glad I opted for the lug sole dive boots :D

Last bouganville bush I cut down was for a lady at church who was selling her home. She was in her 80's and asked some of us to come help. It was a hedge that ran the full length of her yard, 12ft+ tall the entire length... with electric clippers, chain saws and machetes (my personal favorite choice of shrubbery "weapons") it took us the entire day to defeat that monster... looked like an entirely new yard when it was hacked down to only 6ft. We all walked around with battle scars for a couple of weeks after that, still it was fun working together on it... what a chore had one person tackled it by themselves...

Aloha, Tim

What a bunch of wimps! We not only have to deal with briars and brambles to dive some springs, but we have gators, cotton mouth moccasins, Diamond Back rattlers, Pygmy Rattlers and Copperheads to negotiate. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom