Suunto vyper symbol question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AJ Tudor

Registered
Reaction score
My buddy and I went diving yesterday and I was using the Suunto vyper dive computer for the 3rd time. After the dive I notice there's a little triangle symbol in the corner with a line down the centre. I look in the manual and it regards it as a diver attention symbol, looking this up in the manual yields nothing further than, "Prolong your surface interval". A little vague for me as I'm relatively new to diving anyway, I was wondering if anybody's had this same thing happen at all, and when it says to prolong the surface interval, how long should it be prolonged for?

Cheers in advance,

Aj

Both the Vyper and the Vytec pop that symbol when you do a fast ascent (that is, faster than it thinks you should). It will clear after 60 minutes of surface time.

Plus it will penalise you on the NDL for the next dive if you start the dive with the symbol showing.

The symbol means "recommend extended surface interval". Means you did something naughty and thinks you should sit out for a while so you can think about what you've done. ;-) Note: this symbol stays on all the time when you choose the RGMB 50 model on the Vytec.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom