Chute 2 with doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

malammon

Reaction score
Anybody dive an Oceanic Chute 2 with doubles? How does it perform? Is this a 'tech' bc, or do I need to give up and look at the Dive Rite or OMS stuff. I've been diving the usual recreational stuff for 5+ years, and it is great for that. Now I'm thinking about taking my training to the next level.

Welcome to the file!

It's fashion tech BC. Looks cool, doesn't work in a technical environment very well at all. Do a search on "backplate" "BP" "wings" "doubles" and of course "Halcyon" and you'll find many hours of reading enjoyment.

This topic has been covered at least a dozen times already.

Roak

Ps. I'm not being short with you, it's just that doing a search is in your best interest since you'll find far more existing information than information that will be posted to this one note.

There are a number of people that I know that use the Chute 2 with doubles. One of them is the owner of the LDS I go to. None of them use doubles all of the time. Mostly they use singles, but on trips to Truk and such they double up 80s and the Chute 2 works great for them.

Now if your plan is doubles all the time or truely moving into more teck diving, the BP/ wing combo as mentioned is the way to go.

Ty

I have a Chute 2 and I am going to experiment with using it's wing with a FredT heavy ss plate. I really like the kevlar bioflex wing it uses...It has a large oval hole where the wing would bolt to the plate so I might use it's STA and put another tank strap on it... or if it doesn't work maybe that ND Xwing...

steel or aluminum. When it comes to managing doubles I use my FredT BP and OMS 45# wings. I do believe in different configurations for different needs. When I need to haul stuff, I use my truck. When I need to haul people I use my wife's van. Neither is really suited to do the other's work though they might do in a pinch.

I don't believe that either configuration is the best for ALL types of diving... thats just my opinion, but I actually dive the Chute II and a BP/wings so I can make a real comparison for you.

Oh yeah, I got my wings here... @ $170.00 which was really awesome...

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com/bc_stuff/catalog_bc.html

I would like to try a #36 Halcyon explorer, but have only seen them for about double that price.

Back
Top Bottom