Perdido Pass 6/9/2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwhitlock

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Some friends and I went to the east side of Perdido Pass yesterday to dive during high tide at 9:06 am. We got into the water about 9:20 am, and right away I noticed that the visibility was great 10-15 ft. (which is good for the pass).Water temps. were in the 80s and felt great. After A short look around the first set of bridge colums we headed for the second set for deeper dive to about 34 ft. Visibility remained good and the current wasn't bad. You could not have asked for a better day, I had a great time hope to dive again soon .

Did you see anything around the base of the columns worth taking a slurpgun for? I would like to start rebuilding my aquarium (tropical fish)

thanks for the report whitlock

Tom - I dove the AL Pnt jetties today and saw some juvy blue/yellow damsels and a very nice little butterfly fish. My buddy said he spotted a juvy queen angel as well. All of what I would consider nice ornamental's for the aquarium. There were also the normal fauna associated with the jetties(belted sandifsh, blennies, wrasse, toadfish, ect). Lots of little crab as well. Plenty of octopii at night, as cool as they look, they may end up wrecking an aquarium...

We need to dive when you have the time.

SuPrBuGmAn:
thanks for the report whitlock

Tom - I dove the AL Pnt jetties today and saw some juvy blue/yellow damsels and a very nice little butterfly fish. My buddy said he spotted a juvy queen angel as well. All of what I would consider nice ornamental's for the aquarium. There were also the normal fauna associated with the jetties(belted sandifsh, blennies, wrasse, toadfish, ect). Lots of little crab as well. Plenty of octopii at night, as cool as they look, they may end up wrecking an aquarium...

We need to dive when you have the time.
Those would without a doubt make for some nice added additions for a tank. I got a five year old boy that really loves to watch an aquarium. I may have passed you today, Did you park on Gulf Rd at the old View Condo?

I read your post with interest every time I cross them. Your great at keeping the Locals and Guest updated on the local diving. As soon as I get done playing catchup with work I plan on getting a lot of diving in and would be happy to dive with you.

Tom

I was parked on Gulf Rd, in a crappy two toned blue/silver Bronco II. Paulwall was in the white Ranger. There was another set of divers diving ahead of us, not sure who they were.

We got there around 10:30 and probably left around 12:30ish.

Glad the reports are coming in handy :)

tom wicker:
Did you see anything around the base of the columns worth taking a slurpgun for? I would like to start rebuilding my aquarium (tropical fish)
For some odd reason there seemed to be a lack of marine life than usual. At the second set of colums there were alot bait fish and a large school of spade fish. Now if want crabs no problem there, at the first colum there was a huge abundance of Blue Crabs and Hermit Crabs. Seems that the jetties are a better place to spot more of a variety of marine life.

Matt were able to get any pictures of the unknown wreck near Ft.Morgan.....

Pics and video :wink:

I was diving again today, so I haven't had a chance to process any - but I'm about to start working on it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom