proton ice breathing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jimmys

Reaction score
Today was my first day trying my new proton ice underwater.
When in, within 60~70 ft, breathing was smooth and easy; however, when i got down to around 75 ft~80 ft, i hear a few weird "click" sound coming from the reg everytime i inhale. the "click" does not influence ease of breathing at all, it is just abnormal and annoying...
what could have caused the problem?
thanks

I dive the Proton Ice and at that depth don't hear any clicks. So either yours is normal with clicks, or mine is normal without clicks.

Is the click coming from the 2nd stage? Maybe it's the metal piece on the diaphragm "bottoming out" on the lever arm that opens the seat?

If you put the dust cap securely on the first stage and then try to breathe off the second stage, do you hear the click when you inhale?

if i put the dusk cap on tightly, when i breathe in, i only hear the sound of the valve being sucked in. and i suppose the valve is where the sound comes from...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom