Another Oceanlog 2.0.2 Question (SAC Rate)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was trying to see if SAC is calculated but cannot find in Ocean Log. Per the Oceanlog Help it is located under Divelog and then under Dive. It lists it as one of the fields given. I simply do not see it... Any clue were it is? Do I need to configure the dive computer to provide this info?

There is no setup in the dive computer for the SAC rate.
SAC rate is a historical calcualtion.

In an earlier version of OceanLog there was a SAC rate field in the software.

The most current revision eliminated that field.

Hopefully, when Oceanic finishes with the new version it will have a field for correct SAC rate calcualtions.

the K

& to think that's why I downloaded the new version.....
Oh Well, maybe the next one.

Dave

Good things come to those that wait...

We have just uploaded a significant upgrade to OceanLog 2.X download/upload USB PC Interface (version 2.1.0). A number of improvements were made based on user feedback. You may download the latest version and read the release notes at: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html. Installation of the full version is required, but does NOT require that you uninstall the previous version

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Doug,

Glad for the update, and am looking forward to trying out the new version.

Question, however: in version 2.0.1 there _was_ a SAC rate listed on the dive page and then it was gone in version 2.0.2. I'm wondering why its removal wasn't listed in the 'release notes' for version 2.0.2. All that was listed for that release was "* Fix run-time error 9 in VEOs upload/download," but it was only when I upgraded that the SAC rate disappeared.

Just curious...

jtf

I just loaded it.
Does not give sac untill you give it the working pressure of tank.
What differance should that make?
I can see;
1 Start pressure
2 End pressure
3 Tank size

But max working pressure?

Thanks,
Dave

Pressure and volume are directly proportional.

The pressure of the tank determines it's cubic volume realtive to its stated volume at its rated pressure.

the K

Wouldn't a high pressure 80 & a low pressure 80 both have 80 cubic ft,
just in a smaller package with the high pressure?

For those of us who are novice divers and who don't have our own tanks and basically just go and dive on vacation w/ dive shops and have no idea what the working pressure of the tanks we've used, any suggestion of what we should put into this field? I'd love to know my SAC rate, but I don't have a clue as to what should go into that field...

Thanks!
jtf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom