Resetting Oceanic VersaPro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhilipL42

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My Oceanic VersaPro has been behaving erratically: showing the H20 screen even when contacts are dry, resetting the log dates to 01-01-01, recording all dives as #1, and so on. I'm aware of the recall of the VersaPro due to the calendaring flaw but, according to Oceanic, only two units (out of several thousand sold) have been found with this problem. I'm considering trying to reset the unit first. Has anyone out here ever tried the reset function?

Give us a little more info so maybe we can help you troubleshoot. How long have you been using it, how long since battery change, when was last dive, have you tried changing the battery???
Mine freaked out when it activated during descent on an airline flight. Fortunately pulling the battery fixed it.
If Oceanic is aware of this on 2 other units, what was the cause on those?

First of all there is a recall on the Versa Pro with revision 2A software. This problem is well explained herehttp://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=140495. This is not a "calendar" flaw that you mention in your post. (to be honest a "calander" flaw wouldn't be dangerous, having a fast clock u/w and surface mode in gauge mode is...)

The 2 units that are discussed in the recall notice were the two units that owners were using in gauge mode and saw the problem, more than two units are involved however because they all have the problem if the have software revision 2A, thus the recall.

I HIGHLY ADVISE if your unit is a version 2A software revision you allow us to exchange the unit, it is free.

If it is not a unit affected by the recall, I STILL HIGHY ADVISE you discontinue use and return to us for service and the unit is NOT behaving as designed. I do NOT recommend you attempt to "fix" the unit yourself.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if I can help.

Best,

Chris

First of all there is a recall on the Versa Pro with revision 2A software. This problem is well explained herehttp://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=140495. This is not a "calendar" flaw that you mention in your post. (to be honest a "calander" flaw wouldn't be dangerous, having a fast clock u/w and surface mode in gauge mode is...)

The 2 units that are discussed in the recall notice were the two units that owners were using in gauge mode and saw the problem, more than two units are involved however because they all have the problem if the have software revision 2A, thus the recall.

I HIGHLY ADVISE if your unit is a version 2A software revision you allow us to exchange the unit, it is free.

If it is not a unit affected by the recall, I STILL HIGHY ADVISE you discontinue use and return to us for service and the unit is NOT behaving as designed. I do NOT recommend you attempt to "fix" the unit yourself.

Please don't hesitate to PM me if I can help.

Best,

Chris

I was sold an old Versa Pro, I've done the reset function (CLR 01 01 procedure) because I want it to be just like knew. Im using it for the first time this coming Sunday. Any advice or things I should do after the full reset?

Back
Top Bottom