Diver goes to see the Wizard, by way of Dorothy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
GULF SHORES, Alabama -- A diver encountered an gruesome end today as he was sucked from the ocean by a waterspout and thrown miles away into the pen of Gulf Breeze Zoo's komodo dragon.

The diver, known by many divers as Suprbugman, his call name on the internet scuba forum SCUBABOARD.COM was said to be a regular at these beaches. He is reported to have been a reckless diver, often venturing out when more prudent people waited for calmer seas.

Another local diver, a recent arrival from Massachusettes commented about the lost diver.

"Yeah, I knew him, he was arrogant, bragging about diving during hurricanes, and such. He will be missed though, has anyone claimed his gear?"

Suprbugman was diving with another person the day of his accident. Kenny R. witnessed the event.

"We were in the water together, but I decided to head back to shore first, since I usually had to carry his gear as well as my own. As I was walking through the sand I heard him start to cry, not something that unusual, but he was being espeically loud. I turned just im time to see the clouds funnel above him, then woosh he was gone. I feel gulty, since he had just given me his boat that morning. I will think of him every time I take it out on a dive."

Another diver, recently in the news, SeaYoda had this to say about Suprbugman.

"His loss will be felt throughout the dive community. I have known the dangers of diving these waters myself. It is a shame that he wasn't as lucky as me. Has anyone found a camera? It was actually mine, I was loaning it to him."

Zoo officials express thier sorrow at the tragic twist at the end.

"We're just glad it happened in the summer. In the winter divers wear wetsuits, and it gives our animals indigestion."

Obviously Suprbugman was well liked, and his loss will effect the dive community for years to come.

A memorial service will be held at Deweys on the bay for beers after a shore dive at the jetties. Memorial service time will be released but will be scheduled sometime after high tide so we can still dive that day :D

mike_s:
A memorial service will be held at Deweys on the bay for beers after a shore dive at the jetties. Memorial service time will be released but will be scheduled sometime after high tide so we can still dive that day :D

Good plan. Mat would have done us the same way. Hey did anyone recover the Tec Dive light that he borrowed from me?

photohikedive:
"Yeah, I knew him, he was arrogant, bragging about diving during hurricanes, and such. He will be missed though, has anyone claimed his gear?"

DivinIvan.sized.jpg

I don't have a patch for my Katrina Dive, but its in my logbook :wink:

she would take his rotting head off.

speaking of which, he made a comment somewhere earlier, that she said voided his amnesty. And that a certain part of him that he held dear, is now up for removal.

Wow, and they were getting along so well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom