Caverns Tulum, Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AdTravels

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there,

This is my first post in the cave/cavern section of the baord.

I have just spent last week in Tulum Mexico for the sole reason of Cavern diving. Wow, what an awesome experience. I would reckomend Aktun Dive without hestitation. (obviously I'm no expert)

If you are interested I have some pictures from my diving on my website... (sea..... mexico)

I shall certainly be doing some more of that type of diving again.

Ad

I did my first cavern dive last year just outside of Cancun, in a a cenote: chuck mol (sp?) I was jjust in awe at the water clarity and the beauty of the site. I had someone shoot a video of the whole thing and when I watch it sometimes I am wondering how I was so calm about the whole thing.
You definitely need to have a clean head to cave dive.
I will definitely do it again sometime.

I just got back from the Tulum/Akumal area msyelf. I spent 8 days down there. However, I also spent some time in the ocean and not just the caves. Excellent Diving.

I just did my first Cavern dive yesterday.....not far from Tulum. It was absolutely the coolest thing I've ever done. I'm starting to make plans for my vacation in January and I'm considering going back there for a week or so and taking Cavern and maybe even into. I never thought I'd enjoy this kind of diving....

Might just do the cavern for now though.....Idon't think Icould afford to completely change my gear for intro.

Peace,
Cathie

Curious me: I see that you are possibly on a cruise ship? Lucky you!!! Enjoy the dives. I need to get better educated in cave diving, I did my first dive in 1975 in Mexico and almost drowned!!too much weight, not enough air and no quick release weight belt....Now that I am looking back I wonder what kind of an idiot I was. But I came back home and immediately enrollled in a SCUBA class and got certified. I realized there was something more to it.....(I guess I have some salvageable qualities about me...)
That cave dive last year was incredible. Next opportunity I want to go back. Have fun, be safe.

DDAFG once bubbled...
chuck mol (sp?)

Chac Mol :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom