Suunto Vytec Owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AZ Desert Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where did you purchase your Vytec from and why? I'm looking at buying the new Vytec DS w/hoseless module and I'm searching for the best price. So far I've found that Divetank.com has the best price at around the upper 800.00 range, do you know of were to get it cheaper at, if so could you fill me in?

Scuba Specialties on 43rd ave and Bell.
'Cause they're the coolest shop in town!

looks like you found a great price, just remember it has no warranty

First one: LDS... I know, but I was young and dum.

Second one: eBay - killer, killer deal.

Third one: TDS - very, very good deal.

Suunto and Vytec have no post-warranty service. Meaning: if it fails after warranty (a few years down the line) its a hockey puck. They simply don't fix them, ever. They'll exchange them under warranty, and after that, it sucks to be you.

No exchange program, no upgrade program, no nothing, squat. Thank you for your original purchase, you're a customer for 2 years, then a stranger to us. OY. Because there is no effort on Suunto's part to even offer any post-warranty support, and because I've had three of these now last at least 3 years each (one is on year 4), and many friends have also had similiar 3+ year useful lifes, I have no issue shopping for price on these things. Get the very, very best price you can and blow off Suunto's dealer hocum.

eBay and TDS are your best places. Never pay more than $400 for one without a transmitter, and never ever pay more than $800 for one with the transmitter. You'll be flushing cash - they're easy to find at those prices... usually better.

Anyone need a prop Vytec? I got one.

$^#$%@# Suunto

---
Ken

I just bought one from Divetank and nobody in Phoenix could even come close, they were trying to push the no warranty thing, well to bad, I registered it at my home address in Canada so no big deal, not that it helps you though. And to top it all off Divetank offers a 5 year warranty.

As for the shops in town, they are good but when it comes down to saving 300-400 bucks on the computer then I hate to say it but i am buying it, and I got a factory warranty, so what if they send it to my home address back in Canada i can ship it to myself here in Phoenix and have it here the next day or so anyways and I would still be saving cash.

Anyways that is my 2 cents worth.

Steve

I remember getting my D3 from Dive Tank, now that you mention it. Got the lead (I belive) from Uncle Pug. Amazing price at the time. I eventually eBayed it and moved up to the Vytec.

---
Ken

I don't think that I paid much more than the LP price... a bit more, but it was worth it. Mine have held up well.

Thanks for the help everyone. I made my Vytec DS purchase the other day from DiveTank and just got it in the mail yesterday; no one around was able to beat their price. Thanks again everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom