Getting gear serviced...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
okay, so it's been awhile, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've had my BC, regulator and computer packed away in the closet for over 3 years. Should I take it all in to the dive shop to have it checked/serviced? I'm pretty sure I need to have the BC inspected anyway.

DawgDiver:
okay, so it's been awhile, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I've had my BC, regulator and computer packed away in the closet for over 3 years. Should I take it all in to the dive shop to have it checked/serviced? I'm pretty sure I need to have the BC inspected anyway.

If you intend to dive with the gear, yes have it serviced,. Rubber o-rings and valve seats age with time even if not used.

Just as importenty you need to get the diver tunned up and inspected too. Sign up for a clas while you are in the shop.

Thanks Chris, I probably will be looking into a refresher course.

ChrisA:
If you intend to dive with the gear, yes have it serviced,. Rubber o-rings and valve seats age with time even if not used.

Just as importenty you need to get the diver tunned up and inspected too. Sign up for a clas while you are in the shop.

Yep, what he said.:wink:

Yeah, get it serviced. It's actually harder on your reg to not use it for 3 years than it is to dive if for 3 years. Seats and o-rings get dried out.

yes get it serviced , all about feeling confident for the diver in himself and his equipment

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom