Moving to Oahu in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Universal Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't posted in a while but maybe because I've been preparing for my move. I'm also a little jealous of all the diving going on. Here in Japan, the water is still cold and looks like what we call, "miso soup".

I can't wait to get there! My airline ticket is in my hand! I'm probably going to dive every day the first week!

If anyone can help me out, I'm looking for a rental room for about 3 months. I've been checking CraigsList everyday but I would be happy to hear from anyone from the board.

I look forward to meeting many of you from here. I love swapping dive stories!

I hope to hear from some of you. Thanks.

Chris

Hey! I was thinking about your the other day! very cool :D There is something available in the buidling next door to us (Waikiki) Partly furnished, including electic for 835/Month....just a studio. Is your family coming right away too?

I'll be coming out alone for the first few months so I can settle the family housing and job situation.

At the moment, I'm looking for a temporary room for a few months. It's kind of funny, I've already packed all my scuba gear but I haven't finished packing anything else.

Chris

FYI I've got a 2 bedroom, fully furnished, newly remodeled place on the N. Shore minutes from Haliewa (washer, dryer, dishwasher) in Waialua available now.
If interested let meknow and I'll send more info, and pics.

Universal Diver:
I'll be coming out alone for the first few months so I can settle the family housing and job situation.

At the moment, I'm looking for a temporary room for a few months. It's kind of funny, I've already packed all my scuba gear but I haven't finished packing anything else.

Chris
I don't find that funny at all, I think of it as having your priorities in order:wink:

WC, I guess you're right. I know every piece of equipment I have and I know I'm not going to use it until I get to Oahu. It is definitely priority number 1. I can't say I know where all my clothes are but I can always buy more. My gear is like a part of me, it's getting old and turning grey.

Randy8876,
I haven't found a room yet. I think I'm going to get a hotel room for a few days and check out craigslist while I'm there. I can at least look at all the rooms and neighbor hoods and meet the owners first.

Harvey O,
Sounds good but a bit too early. I only need a room for three months. During the second and third months, I will do some home hunting.

Priority 1: Get a job
Priority 2: Buy a car

Priority 1 and 2 can work in the reverse order.

Priority 3: Find a house/townhouse/condo/apartment for my family

Secret Priority 4: Buy a big flat screen HDD television before my wife comes. If I buy it before she comes, she can't say NO! he he he

Diving is not a priority, it's a lifestyle!

Chris

Do you know about the Costco free rent program on BS TVs and such?
I had so much hope for you but you have failed, may as well stay where your at. Top four prioritys and diving is not in them........

WC,

As I said, "Diving is a lifestyle." This would place it above priority. Well at least in my world.

I hadn't heard about this program with Costco but I'll look into it. Thanks.

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom