Nitrox in West Vallley??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark.byte.usa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So is there anywhere in the Valley; West preferred where I can get Nitrox in my non O2 cleaned tank [non partial pressure fills]?? I think Scuba Sciences could but don't because they adhere to ANDI standards where everything has to be O2 cleaned.

Am I just SOL unless I get a dedicated tank, which just seems like a waste unless I got 2 of them.

Thanks,
Garrett

Try Inland Water Divers on Dysart and Van Buren in goodyear. Ph# 623-882-9060.

Sport Chalet I-17 & Happy Valley Rd - I think

I called Sports Chalet a couple of months ago to inquire about Nitrox. It was a no-go. Things might have changed by then, but I doubt it.

Sports chalet does nitrox cert but being a CA. based corp they cannot fill or even DIVE nitrox, they will watch you and teach you but not join you.

I know this as I took a nitrox class in Gilbert.

michaelaz:
...but being a CA. based corp they cannot fill or even DIVE nitrox..
:shakehead what does being a CA based corp have to do with Nitrox; I'm sure a number of CA dive shops are incorporated, so they can't fill Nitrox either, seems odd, I'll have to check that out this weekend.

I figured it was an insurance/liability thing about having O2 on the premises, since you said they can't dive it either, I think that would also strengthen an insurance issue argument.

Garrett

I heard it was an OSHA issue in California - a while back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom