Suggestion between Apek or Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm going to by another regulator and was looking for a suggestion between the following:

Oceanic CDX5 / GT3........New
Apeks DST / TX40...........Used (just serviced though) @ $240.00

Since I love my current Scubapro G250 (oldie but a goodie). I also thought about just purchasing a new Scubapro 1st stage MK17.

What do you recommend between these. I would have a budget limit of $325.00

Jeremy

i have Apeks, so i am biased towards them. the Mk17 has been getting very good
feedback from divers. either one should do well.

I think the Apeks DST TX-40 is the O2 cleaned deco reg? It has a yellow cover like an octo. I don't know if that would influence your decision. I also like Apeks.

TheRedHead:
I think the Apeks DST TX-40 is the O2 cleaned deco reg? It has a yellow cover like an octo.

It's an option to have the yellow cover, not a given, and not all DST/TX40 are "O2 cleaned deco reg."

i believe (i could be wrong) that the TX40 is the forerunner of the ATX 40

their nitrox (black and green) and yellow regs ("octos") are the XTX series (20, 40, 50)

You're probably right. I was inquiring about the TX40 today and they've been discontinued except for the O2 cleaned one with the yellow cover. If you want a black one, you have to get a TX-50.

H2Andy:
i believe (i could be wrong) that the TX40 is the forerunner of the ATX 40

The ATX 40 has been discontinued. I've been reg shopping and have the catalog. :wink:

I got the TX-50/DS4 DIN.

The Apeks 2nd stage is black. I've seen it at the shop. The owner said I could take it to the quarry and give it a test dive. The shop is an Aqualung / Scubapro shop. I don't know if $240.00 is a good buy.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
The Apeks 2nd stage is black. I've seen it at the shop. The owner said I could take it to the quarry and give it a test dive. The shop is an Aqualung / Scubapro shop. I don't know if $240.00 is a good buy.

Jeremy

Yes, it is a good buy, IMO. I got a "deal" on 2 new TX-50s at $419.00 each. Does it come with a DIN/Yoke adapter? I don't know if that is important to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom