Hope you kama`aina's appreciate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
...Hawaiian Shaved Ice.

There are "Shaved Ice" stands all around my parts, but they are really just snow cones.

Snow cones bite.

Shaved Ice is da' kine.

I bought Priscilla THIS home shaved ice machine for her birthday, and it's OK, but it's just not the same.

Hope you all appreciate having a good, real Shaved Ice any time you want it.

You need to go to Matsumoto's in Haliewa for the best shave ice on Oahu (and maybe in HI).

http://www.matsumotoshaveice.com/

Rickg

Not worth the hour in line....

yea, I don't get that. Its food coloring and sugar?

I miss shave ice on Maui - that and good Manapua are hard to come by it seems :(

There's a pretty good shave ice truck in Kaneohe during the summer - parks at the YWCA parking lot. I think the name is "Dot's" - he makes good shave ice. My favorite is the Lilikoi/lichee mix. So refreshing on a hot day.

Not a big Shaved Ice fan, used to date of the girls there got it for free. Now Manapua is worth waiting in line for. Libby's down by sand island has the best freaking Manapua in the world. :)

Gosh, what is Manapua?

Manapua is a steamed roll with sweet meat (usually charsui) inside.

Libby's used to be my favorite (they still have the best pork hash I think) but I started going across the street to the Noodle Factory (When Libby's was closed for renovations a few years ago) - I really like their baked manapua.

Since I have not been able to find good manapua on Maui (it all seems to get shipped over from Oahu, which means it's not fresh) So when I'm hungry for it I just make it myself, but I can't get it to taste as good as Libby's or Noodle Factory :(

oh yea, I have had it. it is good.

what goes in it, Tim?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom