ATOM 2 and HUD mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eng1ne1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know what the delay has been w/ Oceanic's ATOM 2 and HUD masks? I was thinking about getting one or the other and have been told they are delayed. WHY??

Thanks
Jt

The best answer is the truth, things are taking longer than expected.

We have put in place new product validation processes to ensure when a product is made available the product is ready.

Believe me when I say we are as anxious as you are to get these shipping!

Best,

Chris

Chris, I'm curious - let say a diver is using the HUD mask with a transmitter attached to the first stage. Could s/he also wear an Atom 2.0 or an Epic as a backup, with the wrist computer "using" the same transmitter as the HUD mask?

Vie:
Chris, I'm curious - let say a diver is using the HUD mask with a transmitter attached to the first stage. Could s/he also wear an Atom 2.0 or an Epic as a backup, with the wrist computer "using" the same transmitter as the HUD mask?

Yes they could.

Vie:
Just remember that what you are suggesting isn't true redundancy. You have a single point of failure, and that is the transmitter. If one of your computer fails, then you do have a redundancy, but if your transmitter fails, both computers loose their air integration. To be truely redundant, it would be smarter to have a set of analog gauges along with the two diver computers.

I cant wait for the atom 2.0, been bugging my lds about is everyday almost!:D

tamorgen:
Just remember that what you are suggesting isn't true redundancy. You have a single point of failure, and that is the transmitter. If one of your computer fails, then you do have a redundancy, but if your transmitter fails, both computers loose their air integration. To be truely redundant, it would be smarter to have a set of analog gauges along with the two diver computers.

Don't worry, tamorgen, I don't plan on using an air integrated computer (let alone two of them with one built into my mask). I was just curious about the transmitter sharing issue as I was discussing this with a local Aeris/Oceanic dealer. Please check my profile before giving me advice on "redundancy."

Alright, you don't need to be nasty about it. I'm a professional and technical diver. I may not have 1800 posts on this board, but I was trying to give you some friendly advice. I have better things to do with my time than spend that much time on a board. If you don't want the advice, don't flame me, just ignore it.

I just heard that the ATOM 2 release is supposed to be this thursday!! Any truth to it? If true, great news!!

Thanks,
Jt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom