PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy while Deco!!have you?

aboalreem
June 14th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Have you ever felt sleepy while you were doing your hours of Dec stop?

matt_unique
June 14th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I have never had hours of deco time but I definitely get extremely relaxed doing deco in warmer temps. Even 30 min of deco feels like a long time in open ocean...zzzzz. Very peaceful and relaxing bit of Zen.

--Matt

wedivebc
June 14th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Spat my reg out once I was so relaxed. I decided I better stay more alert after that.

boomx5
June 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Spat my reg out once I was so relaxed. I decided I better stay more alert after that.

Lol...so have I.

karstdvr
June 14th, 2006, 07:56 PM
The most deco I've ever had has been a little over 2 hours. A nap on my 50/50 bottle has happened. If I have a long deco I usually will leave a National Geographic in a freezer bag on my O2 bottle. The paper on the magazine is pretty thick and will stand up to immersion for a short duration.

MaxBottomtime
June 14th, 2006, 08:19 PM
I've had a couple dives with an hour of deco. When I got to my 20 foot stop I folded my arms and layed my head down on my Jon line. I never fell asleep, but I did rest.

radinator
June 14th, 2006, 08:52 PM
I fell asleep on the bottom of the pool during my OW class...does that count?

Thalassamania
June 14th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Yes, we were using a pipe hung under the boat for stops and we had belts so that you could "sit" on the pipe. I went right out and woke to a support diver shaking my shoulder. You can guess what hand signal I gave him<G>. Regulator stayed in fine, but I was using one of the bite mold mouthpieces.

Kevrumbo
June 14th, 2006, 10:04 PM
For a few minutes, on a 6 meter Oxygen stop, clipped-off to a combination downline/Deco station apparatus, in a roaring South China Sea current. Woke up when my head smacked into one of the trapeze/cross-bars. . .:11:

Thalassamania
June 14th, 2006, 10:06 PM
That must have been a shock, talk about a rude awakening!

TSandM
June 14th, 2006, 10:15 PM
A friend of mine fell asleep in the pool while waiting around when she was DMing an OW class . . . Her friends were afraid to wake her up for fear she'd be startled and drop the reg. Apparently she was out about 15 minutes.

Thalassamania
June 14th, 2006, 10:55 PM
That's a GREAT story ... I can just see it.

Azza
June 15th, 2006, 01:32 AM
About 4 years ago when I was just discovering deco diving I took a trip up to Vanuatu and dived the President Coolidge. We were doing 40-60 metre dives on air then doing air deco while on nitrox.
They had nice little flat sand areas at 6 and 3 metres for deco. I remember just starting 45 minutes worth of the 3 metre stop and lying on my back on the sand, watching my bubbles rise up.
Next thing I awoke rather abruptly after snorting in a huge amount of water that had leaked into my mask whilst I was dozing...

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1