Help me make a good decision (oceanic reg)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Okay ...after all my research and wading through opinions and pluses and minuses of each reg that my LDS has to offer I am going with one of two regs: The oceanic GT3 or the Zeta. Please only respond with advice for either reg... Also, not only which one but WHY I should go with the one. I will be diving in springs and tropical waters so my max depth won't be much more than 120ft. I am a casual diver. (So now that you know what kind of diving I will be doing...please help!!!!!)

These are two totally different regs from each other. The zeta is a servo valve reg, which makes for a reg that can put out a lot of air in a small package - but they "feel" slightly different when breathing on them. Other servo valve regs would be the oceanic omega and the Poseidon jetstream.

The zeta is probably the "better" reg of the two ( at least the original retail was higher) and they are compact, and put out a lot of air if called for, and a reg that nice for a sub $300 price point is hard to sneeze at - so between those two - I'd take the zeta, but it's really a personal preference on this one.

Ha ha...thanks Larry. A little late though...you know if I hadn't gone with my LDS I probably would have purchased a Zeagle Envoy from you...but my LDS worked with me really well. They got me suited up and out the door for $700. Pretty good deal. Thanks for the help though.

scubafire:
Ha ha...thanks Larry. A little late though...you know if I hadn't gone with my LDS I probably would have purchased a Zeagle Envoy from you...but my LDS worked with me really well. They got me suited up and out the door for $700. Pretty good deal. Thanks for the help though.

what did you get?

cerich:
what did you get?

I got the Oceanic Gt3. I am really happy with it. I just kind of (based on rumor alone) liked that Zeagle. I went with your advice though...so if it stinks, this is all your fault ;-)

FWIW, I have the Delta-3 CDX5 and Zeta CDX5 and find the Zeta to be the better of the two regs. It breathes easier and smoother, and I feel I have to work less to get the same amount of air which leads to me being calmer, more relaxed, and using less energy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom