Enamel Paint Pens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pdive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If I am marking my gear with an enamel paint pen do I have to worry about any adverse reactions with the materials (plastic, neoprene, etc...) that the equipment is made out of?

I have most everything marked with either a white paint pen, or black/silver sharpie, depending what works best on it. I've never seen a problem. They all dry pretty quick.

Damselfish:
I have most everything marked with either a white paint pen, or black/silver sharpie, depending what works best on it. I've never seen a problem. They all dry pretty quick.

Thanks! The LDS told me to use the paint pens but I wasn't sure if there was a specific type of paint I should use. I found some enamel pens at the craft store. They are the type you use for painting plastic model kits.

I use a yellow one on most of my gear with no problems. It will last longer than anything else I've found but it will fade over time. I keep one in my save a dive tool box. White works pretty well too.

Not a pen, but I've used some model paint that, although it didn't harm anything, didn't stay on well at all -- most of it gone at the end of one day's diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom