BP question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swedish diver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi.

I've been diving a typical BP+wing setup the last year. However, the lower edge of the BP is pushing onto my back and its really uncomfy when I walk around. Any suggestions what to do.... anybody had the same problem?

I've tried to lower the thing by making the shoulder straps longer, but that way it was too flappy in the water. Tightening the shoulderstraps and thus moving the thing up, is pretty much out of the question...

Regards

/Chris

Do you have a large vise and a big hammer?

You could put the bend in yourself... but unless you knew what you were doing it might not be a good idea....

I have one plate with the bent bottom corners and one without... Shane's plate does not have the bent corners either. It just doesn't seem to be a problem for us.

Of course I try to limit the distance hiked to less that 1 km if loaded with double 104s and deco bottle.

.... moving the BP up higher on your back. If you're arching your back, then moving the BP down will worsen the situation. After moving the BP up, the harness will be much tighter and removing the rig will be a pain. But you'll probably be on the right path.

Ken

swedish diver once bubbled...
Hi.

I've been diving a typical BP+wing setup the last year. However, the lower edge of the BP is pushing onto my back and its really uncomfy when I walk around. Any suggestions what to do.... anybody had the same problem?

I've tried to lower the thing by making the shoulder straps longer, but that way it was too flappy in the water. Tightening the shoulderstraps and thus moving the thing up, is pretty much out of the question...

Regards

/Chris

u r wearing ur backplate too low. The correct height of ur backplate should be where the top edge of the plate reaches ur shoulder bone. If u reach back with ur arm, u should be able to touch the top of the plate

oops sorry :p

Hello everyone. I just signed up on this board. Nice to meet u guys :D

Back
Top Bottom