Best Computer around $300?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shakespear

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am getting certified in August and getting all of my gear together. I was looking for a good wrist mounted computer. I looked at the Vyper, read some good things on it, but its $360.

I figured for what I need, I could spend less than $300

What do you guys suggest?

If you like the Vyper, don't let $60 stop you, or get a Gekko if you do not care about gage mode. Backlite means nothing, you will have a light at night anyway.

Look at the Tusa IQ-700 at www.scubatoys.com. Scubaboard members will be able to get it for substantially less than the price listed on that site.

shakespear:
I am getting certified in August and getting all of my gear together. I was looking for a good wrist mounted computer. I looked at the Vyper, read some good things on it, but its $360.

I figured for what I need, I could spend less than $300

What do you guys suggest?

Do a search for thread titles with "versa" to see some feedback on the versa pro. It's a popular model here which scubatoys.com sells for a good price and you get 10% off if you call and ask for the scubaboard discount. For under $300 you could probably get it with the download cable included. If you foresee tech diving in your future, then take a look at the Uwatec Aladin Tec. Scubatoys also has a good price on these (capsules), though I think Uwatec may be coming out with a new model soon it might be worth waiting.

shakespear:
Which company charges mega $$$ to change the battery?

I want to avoid them..

MOST computers are user changeable these days. There may be some out there that are not user changeablle but it has become such a "standard" now, most companies are on board w/ it. It's usually stated in the description when you are shopping online whether it's user changeable or now. But, the Aeris Atmos (scubatoys is out of stock right now, I tried to order one today)....and the Tusa IQ-700 are definitely user changeable. I ended up ordering the Tusa IQ700 from Scubatoys today....cant wait for it to arrive and get it wet this weekend!
good luck w/ your search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom