ATOM info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi to everyone,

I'm thoroughly confused.......

I'm used to diving with a Suunto Stinger and have sold it to move to an air integrated system and I really like the ATOM. My LDS in Singapore told me the ATOM 2 will be here mid next year and that an upgrade program might be available. Hence I thought about getting an ATOM 1 and upgrading next year. I was told the transmitter will be the same.

I definitely like the ATOM, but have read many postings on Scubaboard about how it deals poorly with DECO dives and repeat DECO dives and that it's DECO model does not account for off-gasing as you ascent and hence issues DECO stops that do not clear if you ascend slowly like they do on the Suunto (multilevel dive).

Most of my diving is live-a-board 6-20 dives per trip over 3-7 day periods so I want to be sure that the ATOM can deal with repeat dives and DECO.

Please help restore by confidence to buy and ATOM.

Thanks,

In case you wondered why we didn't get to this, both Doug and I were away and when I saw this I also saw that you did get the unit and some other board members answered a couple questions you had.

Best,

Chris

Thanks Chris,

Yes you are right. Now all I need is to go diving to report back my positive experiences with the ATOM 1.0. Bring it on!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom