Interested in Diving the Besty Ross and Eagle's Nest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marusso

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 27' boat and have been out the the wrecks to go fishing several times, but I have never dived on them. I would like to dive with someone who has been down on the wrecks before because there is often current and would like to be oriented with the locations.

Also for those who have not been down before, you should have at least AOW and Nitrox will also improve your dives since the wreck bottoms out at around 100' FSW.

By the way, these dives take place about 20 miles offshore of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.

If your interested PM to work out the details. :14:

Sorry I have not been able to follow up with the dives from last weekend, but scubaboard would not allow me to post for some reason, but it looks like we got it worked out.

Last Saturday the seas were really rough, but SeaJay and I battled our way out to the Ross. Because it was so rough out, the vis was relatively low, however the sea life encoutered definately outweighed the lack of vis.

amberjacks
spadefish
mahi-mahi
Blacktips
Cobia
Barracuda

to name a few.

First Dive:
vis: 5-10
md: 98 fsw
bt: 82 degreess
32% Nitrox

Second:
vis: 5-10
md: 105 fsw
bt: 82 degrees
32% Nitrox

This Saturday we are running out again, but our first dive will be on the Eagle's Nest which is a sunken tugboat in about 65 fsw, then we will run north and dive the Ross again. Seas are expected to be 2' so I expect better condtions.

The invitation is still open if you want to dive with us and have the right experience we'd love to have ya along.

The conditions this week were excellent. The seas were less than two feet, and we were able to get in three dives on the Ross this time.

The seas were so calm that it took only an hour and ten mintutes from the dock to the wreck. Photos and video are available @ www.deepsouthdivers.org click on dive, then local dive sights, then the Betsy Ross.

-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom