Liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lktmpl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know of any Red Sea liveaboards that visit the Southern and Northen Reefs in the same trip?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers

No preferences at all!! Would be nice to be able to board from somewhere close to a major airport but travel doesnt really bother us!!!! What kind of life can we expect to see in Sept?

In order to do both north and south routes, you should consider spending two weeks here. In such case, it is possible to board from either Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada.

As far as I know, late September and October is the pelagics time, especially in Elphinstone.

Feel free to PM me in case you need any assistance.

Red Sea Shadow:
As far as I know, late September and October is the pelagics time, especially in Elphinstone.

I hear all kinds of stories about the best time to see the best stuff, i.e. big pelagics. For example: I was told that sharks like cool water, so they stay out of reach in the deep in summer. On the other hand I was told to come to Sharm in the second week of august to see hammerheads schooling around the Tiran reefs.

My personal experience: There were large and inquisitive Oceanic Whitetips at Elphinstone (this is somewhat to the south) in march 2005 and december 2005, but none in march 2006. I've been to Sharm el Sheikh many times, but I've never seen anything besides the resident whitetip reef sharks until two weeks ago when we spotted this leopard shark:

normal_IMG_9179.JPG

There are large schools of other fish gathered at Ras Mohammed at the moment.

normal_IMG_9132.JPG

Arthur

ArthurGerla:
I hear all kinds of stories about the best time to see the best stuff, i.e. big pelagics. For example: I was told that sharks like cool water, so they stay out of reach in the deep in summer. On the other hand I was told to come to Sharm in the second week of august to see hammerheads schooling around the Tiran reefs.

My personal experience: There were large and inquisitive Oceanic Whitetips at Elphinstone (this is somewhat to the south) in march 2005 and december 2005, but none in march 2006. I've been to Sharm el Sheikh many times, but I've never seen anything besides the resident whitetip reef sharks until two weeks ago when we spotted this leopard shark:

Arthur
Me too, I never spotted any sharks in Sharm.
In Elphinstone I saw whitetips and hammerheads in July, so it's not necessarily winter; just higher probabilities.

Back
Top Bottom