The City Of Angels Hosted Us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I just returned from a wonderful week with my daughter in Los Angeles.....
She did a faceplant jumping her horse back about five years ago and they said to wait till she was done growing to line her nose up! She looks great and she is happy...Bob Kotler in Beverly Hills fixed her right up. It was a long week (he did a lot of internal work) in a hotel room together but we survived and got out at the end for some terrific outings.

I met two seasoned Scubaboarders while in LA and want to thank them both for the hospitality!

ItsBruce invited us sailing on his boat at Marina del Rey...walking distance from our hotel on Washington. his son Tim is my daughters age and so the four of us got out on the water in some pretty gusty conditions. The race was cancelled, one boat snapped a mast, etc., but we had some much needed fun and excitement! Bruce can really sail as evidenced by his stellar docking job...one of those guys that can sail backwards and put it right where he wants it. (we couldn't look!). Thanks, Bruce for your hospitality!

used my son's little cheap camera though...wish I had mine.

Pictures here

Ken, Mo2vation took me to Westwood for some wine flights and cheese plate that I am still thinking about.... Unbelievable! The duck with the confi or whatever all that fancy stuff was did not suck either, especially after a week of take out with girl-child.
As you all can imagine, he is a high energy guy that converses with aplomb. Very fun to talk to and it felt like I was with an old friend.

Thanks for making time you all...I was so impressed what great people you are (you really should get together sometime!)

To anyone who cares, I finally bought my bike so I can get this old girl in shape a bit. I can't wait to ride it to the marina to visit my slip!
Beverly Hills bike shop owner "Steve" hooked me up with a Vitus french frame someone had barely ridden, and totally overhauled it with high end derailers, etc. I was afraid I might get hit by a car, so I rode it along the bike path from Venice to santa Monica...that was perfect.

Good to be home, my little boy is still with family in NYC (soccer camp) where his grandpa just had a kidney transplant yesterday. I had offered mine but they found an excellent match (whew, close call!).

All my sailing "race" shots are not uploading? hmmm...guess I will post a shutterfly link.

whew...culture shock on the freeway. hey...we got around okay, I was pretty proud.
and alexa kept asking "can I drive?" (learner's permit) I was thinking "are you crazy!" but I said "No, honey, I am afraid not..." in my kindest mommy voice.

I have to say, drivers cut us a lot of slack (OC would have been harsh). LA is the friendliest place, I have always felt that way. Don't ask about the guy who smuggled our bags through security. They wanted 80 dollars for Alexa's book bag with her school books! No way, Jose. Hope they don't have what we did on film.

This luggage surcharge is getting crazy. Now you pay to check your bags at the curb, I was charged overweight for 6 pounds, and then the fiasco with her three little carry ons. My new plan is to buy an umbrella stroller with pockets, it is free to gate check it at the plane. Just hope nobody looks for the baby!

Please see the US airlines suck thread!
Welcome home, glad all went well.
Ma daughter who grew up in small town Ohio wanted a rental for waikiki. After one day she was dead sure I was right in saying no. She had never seen anything like it.

Let's plan a dive. I want to take some pictures before I send the housing off for a maintenance overhaul. ...oh, bummer, you are in Alaska!!! silly me. Hope you come back soon. tell K to give me a call...maybe she will want to go.

sounds like the sheet rock is coming along. Don't breathe that stuff now.

Nice bike Catherine. Good thing you practiced in the parking lot first and don't forget your helmet!

that thing weighs about a pound. yea....I think I have some more parking lot outings for a bit.

Here...you will like this. JB said "now make sure and get the right pedals for the clip on shoes"...and Steve, the shop owner was like "uh, why don't you just ride it in tennis shoes for awhile?". Not the biggest vote of confidence. I think I need a trike.

Dennis, let me know how the gallery works for you today....

Catherine, it was a pleasure having you aboard. Let us know next time you are in town.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: Even though Catherine was on my boat, the picture she posted as her aviatar is not my boat.

he he....there, now that's YOUR boat...I just did not want people to know how close you tack to other boats....

Close? That wasn't close. If we were racing, you'd have seen close. Note: Its been five years since our last major collision at sea ... and I wasn't even driving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom