using older "hocky puck" computer with bungies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know a good way to do this?

I thought about ordering the DSS Bottom Timer boot and seeing if that would work with the "standard hocky puck" size computers.

My wrist boot is a PITA trying to get it on when I dive my drysuit...which is all the time.

Jeremy

can you cut slots on eitehr side, and then force bungee throgh there?

i've seen it done, but i am not sure what type of boot it was.

basically, think of two slots about half an inch long diametrically opposite each other,
on the bottom of the boot. then, you just force the bungee chords (2) through
them. then you tie at bottom and cut off excess bungee.

like i said, i don't know what type of boot it was

That is pretty much what I have done. It looks tacky! but gets the job done i guess.

Jeremy

as far as the boot itself, I went to the hardware store. I bought one of the rubber joiners used in plumbing. It is a cylindrical section of rubber used to join two pipes together. They usually use hose clamps on either end to cinch it down. The one I found fit my puck quite well.

The older Scubapro depth guage with the blue shading in the 0 - 25 ft range came in a hard rubber boot that accepts bungee OK with a little pocket in the bottom so the knots don't get in the way. I use one on my Oceanic Data + and it fits perfectly. They show up seperately occasionally on e-bay (~$15) and are often hidden inside the large plastic 3-guage consoles with older kits. The newer boot I have found are too soft a rubber to work without tearing when using bungee rather than straps.

aquaoren:
I really like the DSS boots, so much that I have 2.
They also make for a lower profile..

Think a standard "hockey puck" dive computer would fit in the boot? I use the DSS boot for my SK7 compass but it was designed for that.

Well, at the price for them I could always order one of the bottom timer boots and if it didn't work it would give me a good excuse to have to buy a bottom timer.:D

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Think a standard "hockey puck" dive computer would fit in the boot? I use the DSS boot for my SK7 compass but it was designed for that.

Well, at the price for them I could always order one of the bottom timer boots and if it didn't work it would give me a good excuse to have to buy a bottom timer.:D

Jeremy
I've put my Uwatec Aladin tec in one of those, not sure whether other computer will also fit...

You can take the standard wrist mount & modify it to accept bungee cords. Cut the straps off on each side about an inch or so from the boot. Go to walmart & pick up a "gromet kit". They are in the camping section. Put gromets in the band on both sides of the boot. Add bungees. USE TWO SEPERATE BUNGEES for security. That way, if one comes loose, you won't lose your computer. It is also a good idea to put a couple of drops of superglue on your bungee knots. My daughter ran off with my digital camera or I would send you a pic.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom