Oceanic @ The Scuba Show - Long Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
If you're in the SoCal area June 24 - 25, come by and see us at The Scuba Show. We'd love to meet you, answer and questions and show you our latest and greatest new products including the upcoming Heads-Up Mask, ATOM 2.0 wristwatch, VT3 wireless computer, Viper fins, and more.

Checked out the mask/computer at the show yesterday, looked pretty good.
Below a picture taken looking thorugh the mask.

Too bad nobody at the booth knew anything about the Oceanic rebreather. :shakehead

Doug, I checked out the mask... clearly readable display, even with my poor eyesight (I recently "upgraded" from a Suunto D9 to a VT Pro because the numbers on the D9 were too small).

Are the VT Pro and the mask compatible? Or would that require the VT3 that reads 3 tanks?

Hi Hank,

The optics are really what makes this product useable by the masses - of all the people here in the building and at shows and seminars across the world, I have come across 2 people that had trouble with the display. Basically, the display replicates 10" high digits at six feet away - so both far sighted and near sighted people can clearly see it.

The mask will be compatible with the same wireless transmitter used with the VT Pro, ATOM 1.0, VT3 and ATOM 2.0 - so you could run both, programmed to link with the same transmitter.

Doug I was getting ready to buy the atom but I actually lost my mask on my last dive so while looking at the atom online I saw the mask. Can you give an indication of when the mask may be available and what the price range might be? I have heard the atom 2 would be available in August will the mask be available then as well?

Thanks Brian

The mask will be later, because of our new validation program where we are truly trying to destroy our product thru very heavy use we have had to back off many delivery dates this year. However the new provess has taught us an awful lot and I expect 2007 will be different. I also expect the HUD to be shipping closer to the end of this year than now. Final pice is to be determined, not inexpensive unfortunatly.

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom