?'s about Atomic & Zeagle Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EZHOOPS

Contributor
Reaction score
I am still deciding between an atomic B2 and a Zeagle envoy Deluxe or what is the
atomic equal reg.

Some ?'s I have:

why doesn't Atomic sell regs online?

my selection of lds is terrible and therefore want to buy something online but need a good reliable site that is manufacturer dealer (i.e. scuba toys)

If you have a choice of eitehr reg and it cost you nothing which one would you choose and why?

I have not used an atomic regulator so I cannot make a comparison, but I did just purchase a Zeagle Envoy deluxe and find it wonderful for the diving I have done thus far with it (warm water). I've only taken my new set to 70 feet because of an unpleasant thermocline. It performed flawlessly. In fact, I had to de tune the regulator because I wanted a little bit more breathing resistance.

Most of the tech instructors where I purchased my reg use Zeagles for what it is worth.

As far as a dive store that sells both Zeagle and Atomic, call scubatoys and talk with them.

spacemanspiff1974:
As far as a dive store that sells both Zeagle and Atomic, call scubatoys and talk with them.

An excellent suggestion.

For what it's worth, I dive a Zeagle Flathead VI and love it. Cold water, warm water, shallow water, deep water... it doesn't care. Breathes great in all conditions.

-B.

I dive an Zeagle Envoy Deluxe and I like it; been flawless at 100' 53F. I may be very wrong but I don't think you can get manufacturer's warranty on internet/mail-order Atomic regs. So while calling ScubaToys [I got my Zeagle from them] may get you a good price, you may not get the warranty, but I am no expert.

I have a pair of Atomics (an M1 and a Z1) and they breathe like a dream, and have been flawless even in 35 degree water.

Never used a Zeagle, so I can't say if it's better or worse.

Terry

EZHOOPS:
I am still deciding between an atomic B2 and a Zeagle envoy Deluxe or what is the
atomic equal reg.

Some ?'s I have:

why doesn't Atomic sell regs online?

my selection of lds is terrible and therefore want to buy something online but need a good reliable site that is manufacturer dealer (i.e. scuba toys)

If you have a choice of eitehr reg and it cost you nothing which one would you choose and why?

FYI, Scubatoys sells Atomic, I bought mine there, but not online. You have to go into the store. Atomic doesn't allow online sales and I don't remember ever seeing gray market sales when I was in the market for mine. Seems they have made the effort to keep their product out of LP type hands and prevented their dealers from getting undercut by non-authorized dealers. (SP and Aqualung, are you paying attention?)

You can get Zeagle online from Scubatoys. I've heard nothing but good things about them but I'm not sure that the Envoy is equivilent to a B2 in either price or performance. One of the top of the line Zeagles may be though.

My wife and I both use the Atomic B2s (from our LDS). Titanium second, swivel hose standard, and exceptionally easy breathing. Atomic also states service only has to be performed every *other* year. We couldn't be happier with them...
We used to have the Zeagle Octo+ (combination octo and inflator/deflator), and switched to the Atomic SS1 (and we're much happier).

For what it's worth....

Own 2 Zeagles - Bought due to good test scores...

Back
Top Bottom