Suunto Mosquito

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgmaroe

Reaction score
Hey everyone-

I have just recently discovered these forums, and they recently became the catalyst to me staying on browsing until all hours of the night. I have logged a meer eleven dives, but have already achieved my advanced cert. As for age, I am only fifteen, so money is more of an object than anything (it helps that I have a master scuba diver instructor aunt, who I happen to be close with, and who happens to have all of the connections).

I have seen mixed reviews on this computer (the Suunto Mosquito), and I am trying to decide once and for all whether or not I should purchase this item. What does everyone think? Every crumb of information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

I use a Suunto Mosquito and a Cobra. I have never had a problem with them mechanically. As far as being conservative, I like the fact that I can dive a conservative computer with a group and it has no bearing on my time at depth because we are not riding the limits anyway. When we do go into deco in certain situations, I don't mind spending a few extra minutes on a safety stop.
I recommend it.

I have it and like it. Never had a problem with it. I have used it for about 4 years with only battery changes.

Do make sure you protect the face though as it does scratch pretty easy. I put an adhesive cover on it when I bought it and have never had a problem.
Chad

What about the Mares Nemo?
Would anyone suggest it over the Suunto Mosquito?

Through my training everyone highly recommended Mares as a high quality brand. Please fill me in!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom