Ponce de Leon Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom Smedley

Tommy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Rick and I will be at Vortex this weekend with 14 or so brand new divers. We couldn't get the Grandview because of the infamous annual family reunion of the infamous family from somewhere in Lower Alabama.

However, we will rise above it all and still have the infamous barbecue starting around dark.

If any of you infamous ScubaBoarders are in the neighborhood please drop in for a visit.

We hope to see you too. We will most probably be in the area the Grandview Lodge in the shade as much as possible. You'll know us because Rick is older than dirt and easy to spot.

LOL! Okay. We're staying in the lodge itself. I'm pretty average looking, I guess. I'll be with my wife, who is Japanese, my daughter who is eight years old, and possibly my instructor, depending on what time he shows up. We're getting in on Friday night, and should be diving on Saturday morning.

While living in DeFuniak Springs, I never dreamed that Ponce de Leon would be talked about on any type of internet site. Now that I've become a diver, I see it so frequently.

Can't say that I'm exactly in the area but if I head over to Morrison over the weekend, I'll try to make a detour north.

Tom, Rick, I'm gonna miss you guys again. I'll be camping off an island(or two) off Perdido River this weekend. Sounds like you guys will have your hands full anyway, have fun! :D

I'll be pitching tents on Campsite #3 Saturday; mustering the students under Grandview to the extent possible. The Lovely Young Kat, daughters Cary & Sasha will be along too.
Rick

PDL Rules

kchFLA:
While living in DeFuniak Springs, I never dreamed that Ponce de Leon would be talked about on any type of internet site. Now that I've become a diver, I see it so frequently.

Can't say that I'm exactly in the area but if I head over to Morrison over the weekend, I'll try to make a detour north.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Tom, Rick, I'm gonna miss you guys again. I'll be camping off an island(or two) off Perdido River this weekend. Sounds like you guys will have your hands full anyway, have fun! :D
You do know there's skeeters big enough to tote you off up at that end of the bay, right?
Y'all have fun...
Rick

Once we get settled on the island, we'll soak our bloodstream with enough alcohol to keep the terydactiles at bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom