Israeli travel agent for Egyptian liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tovster

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm an American and I will be visiting Israel during August. I want to set up a week-long liveaboard in Southern Red Sea, diving at St. Johns. Is there a reliable travel agent in Israel that could set up everything, including flights (via perhaps Cairo) to the liveaboard destination? Any recommendations?

Tom

I feel I need a travel agent because it might in fact be difficult getting to Egypt from Israel.

Tovster:
I feel I need a travel agent because it might in fact be difficult getting to Egypt from Israel.

Getting to Egypt from Israel and vice-versa is a piece of cake :)

The major issue is to book a liveaboard to the deep south from Israel. The reason is that Israeli passports need tons of permissions to dive anywhere other than Sinai so their travel agents are not so active.

Since you're American, you won't need all these permissions. So it's easier to book the liveaboard alone then get transported to it. In case you need any help or info, PM me.

To be more exact, an Israeli visiting Egypt any further than Sharm-el-Sheikh requires Egyptian visa. It takes ~2-3 weeks to get it.As far as I know, that's all.

P.S. But there are security warnings about terrorist activities in Sinai all the time ......
Sad.

I have a very good friend that lives in Isreal and is an active diver. He might be able to provide you with any information you need for the liveaboard or your travels in general. If you want me to contact him for you I am sure he would be able to assist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom