Alabama Blue Water Adventure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmw625

Reaction score
My son is going to Alabama Blue Water Adventure for OW certification this week end. Looks like a cool place to dive. I'm going to dive while he test Sat. and Sun. Any one else care to join in the fun.

Nooooooooooo! Hehe...

I've been wanting to get up there (not the least bit because I can get a great deal from DJ's Fine Meats in Alabaster -- a non-diving friend is one of the owners), but it's not looking good for this weekend. My car made it back to Baton Rouge from Vortex Spring and promptly decided it wants a couple new parts (which have to be delivered by the Dealer Parts Fairy, a most ignoble and vindictive, not to mention slothful, spirit).

I've really wanted to add a quarry to my logbook, too, and to think, I could've actually corralled a buddy, too...

Hmm... word on the car says I may get it back tomorrow, which would give me time to get to Tennessee for a dam dive Friday and back to Blue Water for Saturday...

What time might you be diving Saturday, do you know?

Phooey! Phooey-phooey-PHOOEY!

I get to buy a clutch, too, and it may be a couple days to get it in (tomorrow is *highly* improbable, unless someone knows more about quantum mechanics than I). So, diving in Tennessee is almost certainly out, and the jury is still out on whether I'll be able to get to Blue Water this Saturday. (There's a faint glimmer of possibility, but it sounds like an outside chance.)

Well, if all else fails, there's always the pool... *sniffle*

Actually, there are more than a few scuba caches. As for it being cold... well... someday I'll have a dry suit, but I'll have to use a 5/4 and a hooded vest this summer.

Will be diving from about noon Sat. and again on Sun.

Well, the roller coaster week continues. Just got a call from the dive shop telling me my advanced card just came in, followed almost immediately by my car shop calling to tell me that they found a clutch locally, got it this morning, and should be getting my car to me by the time I'm off work. :D

Looks like the weekend's dive trip may be salvageable after all! (Tentatively... YIPPEE!!)

Assuming nothing *else* comes up before then, I'll be diving Blue Water Saturday. Of course, I may end up in the water in the morning, too, but if you see me, I'll be a guy with a long braided ponytail and a bright yellow 19cf pony (with full SPG/depth console) on the left side of my BC with a latex glove banded over the mouthpiece.

Edit: Just got confirmation. My car is ready, and I'm heading up toward Tennessee as soon as I pick it up after work. Oh, and in the event anyone wants to contact me (because they live on the dam in TN or because they're diving Blue Water early Saturday), my number is 555-555-5555 minus 329-630-8024, but you have to let it ring all the way through until you get me or my VM.

Back
Top Bottom