Need help downloading UWATEC computers to MAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburns

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everybody. I have a UWATEC SmartCom dive computer and in order to download the dive information to your computer you need an infrared link (irDA).

Unfortunately, I'm having a really, really hard time finding an irDA adaptor that will work with my MAC. Anybody have any solutions?

Cheers,

Chris

I am also interested in finding out a solution to downloading with a Mac!! Let me know when you find out something!!

James
cburns:
Hey everybody. I have a UWATEC SmartCom dive computer and in order to download the dive information to your computer you need an infrared link (irDA).

Unfortunately, I'm having a really, really hard time finding an irDA adaptor that will work with my MAC. Anybody have any solutions?

Cheers,

Chris

It's not a perfect solution in that it costs more money, but if you're stumped and really want to download your dive information. the Sensus Ultra from Reefnet works very nicely with Macs.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but one option is Virtual PC (ugh) or better yet, Parallels Desktop. It's been invaluable in letting me move my dad over to Mac and still let him have access to a couple of Windows programs (two) that do not have Mac counterparts. He can also use it to print to his non-Mac compatible HP LaserJet 1000 until he can buy a new one. I will say that the PC-based SmartTrak is a LOT more feature-rich than the J-Trak Mac alternative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom