Photo Workshop part deux

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Current Pasaways who have confirmed interest August 24th - August 29th: -

Larry - 5 1/2 days (confirmed; Aug 24 - 29)
Myra - 4 days (confirmed; Aug 24 [pm] - 27)
Jon - 4 days (confirmed Aug 24 - 27)
Cathy - 4 days (confirmed Aug 24 - 27)
Pakman (confirmed; Aug 26-29)
Halthron - 4 days (confirmed Aug 24 - 27)

Tentatives: -

Spoon - 4 days
Tim (Wolverine) - 4 days

First reserve - Shugar

As we are now at the max, there are no more places available, but if anyone fancies a party night, please come & join us...:eyebrow:

OK, based on 6 confirmed, the new rate for 5 1/2 days is $246. For 4 days $164. As he has "arranged" for MV to travel to the PI free of charge (thus saving us $900 or so overall), Pakman is not paying for his course.

Any changes in numbers / durations will affect the overall price, but not by too much (e.g. if two more do the 4 day course, it drops to 5 1/2 days for $180, 4 days $120).

The itinerary is now set: - Anilao Thursday 24th August AM - Saturday 26th PM, Puerto Galera Saturday August 26th PM to Tuesday 29th PM.

4 day course people get transport back to Anilao on Sunday 26th PM.

I really don't want to consider changing this as people are going to be putting in a lot of effort to make this happen and I don't think it's fair to expect them to go back and do it all again because it doesnt suit one or two.

Basically that's the deal on offer take it or leave it. It's a great price (especially so thanks to Mr. Pak) and it'll be a good laugh too - I think I can safely promise that:wink:

For those of you I have not PM'd to clarify, the peeps on the course will be staying in El Galleon and diving with Asiadivers. There's a good reason for this, if I haven't already let you know, just PM me. The extra cost is more than compensated for by the reduction in the course fee, so we're all still better off than we would have been.

MV and I will start sorting out the PG end , we will probably arrange a big bangka for transport to PG and back, so everyone chips in (prices TBC unless anyone has a contact we could use?). Given that some paswaways not on the course may want to join us, I think we should look at a capacity of 12-14 people.

MV - do we need a "dive schedule" from you or do we just wing it? I think a schedule will help with negotiating rates, but what do you think?

We need a local pasaway to arrange the Anilao side separately - any volunteers?

Lastly - and most difficult, I know - this is still not an easy thing to organise, so please try to keep hijacks and OTs to a minimum or Mr Spoon may cause your post to vanish...OK, Carlo?

I'm really not a boring b a s t a r d, but It'll be a lot easier this way. Now go hijack the old thread...

Thanks guys, this is going to take DORs to new heights!

Three replies on topic before it de-railed. A record...

On topic, any objections to splitting $50 each way between the travellers for using Asiadivers' big (15 people plus) bangka? This would also help to keep them sweet and there really aren't that many big ones to rent in the area for short trips...

thepurplehammerhead:
Three replies on topic before it de-railed. A record...

On topic, any objections to splitting $50 each way between the travellers for using Asiadivers' big (15 people plus) bangka? This would also help to keep them sweet and there really aren't that many big ones to rent in the area for short trips...

none for me.

pakman:
it's all kosher with me Larry...

Good, good, can people give me their full names (for room booking and credit card fraud purposes only, of course). PM me if you don't want to post...

**** me, really?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom