Atom 1.0 vs Atom 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mannie071

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everybody!
I have a question on the Oceanic Atom. How far does the xmitter work on the Atom 1.0 or How far can you Buddy Air Check? Will you be able to use the Atom 2.0 with the Atom 1.0 transmitter? The reason is my Dive Buddy has a Atom 1.0 and I am in the market for an Air Integrated Computer. Thanks Everybody!

You will be able to use the Atom 1 transmitter with the Atom 2. The buddy check works within approx 6 feet, but can depend on position.

The Atom 2 is still not firm when we will be shipping. I hope by the end of summer.

Best,

Chris

Atom 2 will have the reading or air all the time on the first screen. ATOM 1 you have to push a button to get your air pressure

I recently purchased the ATOM 1 r2F. I got a great price from the LDS and since the ATOM 2 offers very few updated features, I went with the ATOM 1. Shop around, the ATOM 1 is a great buy at the moment (getting rid of stock) and may serve all your needs (will probably exceed them).

Later on you can always simply update the watch and keep the same transmitter. Inevitably the ATOM 2 will have bugs, like all new computers....even the Suunto D9 has been recalled!

Go the ATOM 1. I hear that Scubatoys has them, but call them for the best price.

Back
Top Bottom