dauphin island spear fishing charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Looking for a couple of people to go on a dive charter off Dauphin Island on Monday June 26th 2006. Two of us are already booked and would like some more divers to offset $$$. It's $300.00 for the charter split evenly with up to 6 people.

speedbirdmob:
Looking for a couple of people to go on a dive charter off Dauphin Island on Monday June 26th 2006. Two of us are already booked and would like some more divers to offset $$$. It's $300.00 for the charter split evenly with up to 6 people.

Where is Dauphin Island???

octotat:
Where is Dauphin Island???
From the Choo Choo, go west on 24 to 59 south. 59 south to Bham and then 65 south to Mobile. Take 10 west a couple of exits to the west side of Mobile Bay. Take exit for Dauphine Island. Big hint, it is the southernmost island on the west side of the entrance to Mobile Bay. Best gues 7 hours drive from Chattanooga.
Howard

speedbirdmob:

Is there actually a dive charter boat that runs out of Dolphin Island or is this a fishing charter boat that you are diving off of?

Is there a dive shop on the island?

what about dive sites (wrecks/reefs, etc).

Just curious as I've never heard folks mention diving that area.

There are a ton of artificial reefs, rigs, ect. The water south of AL is completely littered with sites, literally hundreds, some of the best fishing in the Gulf...

I dunno if there is a diveshop on Dauphin Island, but there are several charters that run out of it. I've heard of quite a few people diving out of there, mostly to hit the rigs.

I'm sure some of the charters are dive friendly. Most 6 packs are basically fishing boats anyway.

Kewl... I knew there were lots of oil rigs there. (you can see some from shore at Ft Morgan or Gulf Shores). I knew some folks dove them.

Just never heard folks talk about diving Daulphin Island. Might be worth a trip.

we need an Alabama Diving Guide with this stuff in it. :D

Its easier to just dive out of Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, you can hit the same sites without much more drive time. Dauphin Island is just closer to some people, I don't think I would go out of my way to dive specifically from there in order to dive the same area of Gulf :wink:

Most people don't realize how much reefing has been done off the coast of AL, its pretty amazing. Alot of it requires a bit of drive time though and FL is tagged for being more of a dive mecca, so people overlook AL. Fine by me.

The trip is booked with Deep South Divers out of Mobile. It is a new dive shop and the owner, Jack, seems like a great guy. This is our first charter with the shop. We will give a report after the trip.
I am not sure if there is a dive shop on Dauphin Island. I do not believe there is. The Paulwall wreck discovery is near by, just off Fort Morgan.

mike_s:
The Paulwall wrecK? cool. I didn't know Paul had his "own wreck" !

<jedi mode="on">
<waves hand>

These are not the droids you are looking for.

<jedi mode="off">

That's a state secret, sir!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom