Uwatec BT ascent rate speed comparison?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

evil_xander

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
BT has <100, 100, 110 and 130% ascent speed (or similar numbers), and various state of the ascent arrow icon on it, for every rate over 100%.

But, does anybody know to what (predefined in the software by the factory) speed of ascent is this percentage compared to?

Nothing useful in the manual, or online...

Sorry if this question was raised before, but the search function didn't help or I'm too dumb to use it properly. :)

evil_xander:
BT has <100, 100, 110 and 130% ascent speed (or similar numbers), and various state of the ascent arrow icon on it, for every rate over 100%.

But, does anybody know to what (predefined in the software by the factory) speed of ascent is this percentage compared to?

Nothing useful in the manual, or online...

Sorry if this question was raised before, but the search function didn't help or I'm too dumb to use it properly. :)

Here are the ascent rates built into the Uwatec BT

This is old information from the uwatec site:

depth [m] / speed [m/min]:
6 / 7
12 / 8
18 / 9
23 / 10
27 / 11
31 / 13
35 / 15
39 / 17
44 / 18
50 / 19
50 / 20

The numbers are metric. The first number is the depth and the second is the ascent rate at that depth. Notice that the deeper you are the faster you can ascend. The % ascent rate shown on your instrument is compared to the rate at the given depth. These rates might be higher than your computer/table manufacturer suggests so you need to compensate accordingly.

R..

This may depend on the model, but there is no single ascent rate. The ascent rate depends on depth. At 30m the ascent rate is faster than at 10m.

Diver0001:
Here are the ascent rates built into the Uwatec BT

This is old information from the uwatec site:

depth [m] / speed [m/min]:
6 / 7

The numbers are metric. The first number is the depth and the second is the ascent rate at that depth. Notice that the deeper you are the faster you can ascend. The % ascent rate shown on your instrument is compared to the rate at the given depth. These rates might be higher than your computer/table manufacturer suggests so you need to compensate accordingly.

R..

Great, thanks Diver0001!

It's good that numbers are metric, since I'm from Europe, and the whole imperial thing is not to my liking. I can quickly do a rough conversion in my head, but I prefer things in their natural state, ie. metric. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom