Suunto Vyper or Uwatec Aladin Tec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

piikki

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Suunto Vyper or Uwatec Aladin Tec

Both of these are on the table for the same price but which one would you grab and why? Or why not the other?

I’ve skimmed through both manuals and am sure both would do the job for me, if not a bit more than I need…

I’d be interested in hearing from people who use/d them, and for what kind of diving (not just in gauge mode), especially if you had any special grounds choosing one or some regrets after the purchase.

I am not interested in black horses, just want to compare these two in this race :D

Aladin Tec.

You can set up to 100% 02 nitrox mixes, set the pp02 you want, plan deco dives, has a ave depth feature, comes with great software and uses IR to transfer.

Both computers have user replaceable batteries.

Like most computers, you can dial up the conservatism on both models if you want. But the Vyper is pretty conservative to begin with, and you can't dial it down.

I can't address the points made by xiSkiGuy in favor of the ScubaPro model (or Uwatec or whatever), but I have a Vyper and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I've almost always had more times than my buddies and had a simpler interface. If my Vyper died tomorrow, I'd buy another one (although I might look at a Vytec at this point).

That said, I could be convinced something else is better. I'm just saying I love what I've got. I like the interface and the ease of downloading.

Edit: PS - The Life Aquatic was AWFUL!!!

UGA:
Edit: PS - The Life Aquatic was AWFUL!!!
Yeah, some people just don't get it. And here I thought you had to have a good sense of humor to follow UGA football this past year. Shall I say it? Vanderbilt. :D

I'm an idiot. That's what I get for posting after a long day of diving at almost 1:00am: I look at UGA and I think UT. I'll just be quiet now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom