Sherwood Widsom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikey0929

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing some of my own equipment and the Sherwood Wisdom is on the list. I have just recently finished my OW and am moving along. I am looking at the Wisdom as part of a package with the regs... is it a computer worth looking at or would I be better off looking at something different? I have seen both good and bad posts on the Wisdom but like I said it's looking good in a package deal that I would tend to listen to the goods... but of course, I'm open to listening to both sides.

Thanks,
Mike

It's quality unit, but there are better value out there. The Wisdom runs about $700 and it's an integrated SPG. Is it worth it? Only if that's really what you want. Something like a Uwatec Aladin Tec, run about $500 and will do everything you want runs in gauge mode and is a smaller wrist mount so it's out of the way, but easily ascessible.

I have the Sherwood Wisdom and am very happy with it. It's a solid computer with an easy to read display and fairly intuitive menu. My buddy has the Suunto Cobra and I like that one as well, but the Wisdom is comprable. The only thing I can't speak to is the computer interface, but that's just because I was too cheap to buy the software and cable package.
Let's put it this way,.. you could do a lot worse than a Wisdom, and if you get it, you wont be sorry.

I use a cobra and it suits me fine. I made a DIY computer interface for $8NZ and the software is free.
One of my buddys has a wisdom and complains it has to many alarms ( which I am sure can be turned off). And I also understand it will not tell you average depth which is used to work out your SAC. Maybe the PC software does this? Apparently the cobra is a much more conservitive comp than the sherwood but on our dives it seemed quite similar for multi dives.

i recently lost my sherwood wisdom to the child (aged 13) and she loves it just as much as i did. nice big easy screen to read and yes, the alarms can be turned off.

im now suffering a aladin air z nitrox and hate it and want my wisdom back.

The download software is the limiting factor with the Wisdom with regard to average depth and air consumption numbers. But it does collect the information and download it in the data base where it can be accessed by third party software.

All of the alarms can be shut off, which is good as if you have them all set you spend the entire dive trying to figure out why the thing is beeping at you again. The only one I leave active is the turn pressure alarm. I have it set to give me a 50 psi advance warning that it is time to switch to my other independent doubles tank and it works great for that purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom