Dive Rite Rec wing or OMS 45lb. bungee wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't decide between a Rec Wing or a 45lb OMS wing.

The Rec wing is capable of being reduced in size to easily hold a single-most of my diving. The OMS seems to have a very long power inflator hose which I think would be more ergonomic. The OMS also has a pull dump located on the top right-I like that.

I primarily do U/W photography and just stumbbling around in local lakes. But would like to bring my system to anywhere in the world. I also plan on buying a Fred T. "short" ss backplate.

Any input?

-Mike

I use the Dive-Rite Rec wing , while my buddy uses the OMS bungied wing. I have had roblems with my wing, it has performed flawlessly for 3 years (approx 300-350 dives).

My partner would have said the same about his OMS, with one exception.
He recently experienced gas trapping in one side of the wing.
The bungie rubber bands create a corrugated shape on the wing. This produces narrow wasted sections between larger inflated buldges. The result was he was lopsided for a brief period of time and it took deliberate effort on his part, to tip himself overcenter to get the wing to equalize the air distribution.

I have never had this problem with my Rec Wing

Mike D

:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom